19 Feb 2012

Mirabilia-weekend

This weekend I have been stitching both of my Mirabilia ladies. I continued with "the Blosson Harvest" and started "Autumn in my garden" again. As you might know, I started to stitch Autumn on 14ct rustico aida. Bad choice as the fabric is really hard and it scratches my hands. Also I really started to enjoy stitching on evenweave so I decided to start Autumn again!

I got mail from Sew and So earlier this week. Three pieces of evenweave, all 28ct. There was one piece of Jobelan (Bone), Jazlyn (Antique white, never tried this fabric yet) and Lugana (Light taupe). I realised that the Lugana would be awesome for Autumn so.. I started to stitch it on that on saturday :)

Here's pics of them both. I have stitched more on Autumn after this pic, BUT as I seem to be very bad at multitasking, I miss calculated and I need to do some unpicking.. ugh..



I realised that I prefer stitching on 28ct rather than 32ct. I can see it well but for some reason 28ct just feels better.

Today I am gonna watch "Bodyguard" which is on TV. I might stitch while watching tv and chatting with my BF, hehe. I hope I don't do mistakes again this time!

Tänä viikonloppuna pistelin molempia Mirabilia-leidejä. Eli siis "the Blossom Harvest" sekä "Autumn in my garden". Aloitin Autumn-leidin pistelyn rustico aidalle (14ct) tammikuussa, mutta kangas valinta oli todella huono. Tuo kyseinen aida on inhottavan kovaa ja raapii käsiäni, jotka ovat muutenkin melko kuivat talvella. Aiemmin viikolla sain paketin Sew and so:lta, jossa oli kolme 28ct kangasta. Jobelan (Bone), Jazlyn (antinque white, ikinä en ole vielä tälle kankaalle pistellyt) sekä Lugana (Light Taupe). Tajusin että tuo Lugana sopii tuohon Autumn-leidiin loistavasti, joten päätin aloittaa työn alusta.

Ylhäällä kuvat molemmista. Autumn-leidiin pistelin kuvan oton jälkeen vielä hieman lisää, mutta epähuomiossa laitoin yhden piston väärään paikkaa, joten pitää purkaa osa työstä ennenkuin pääsen taas jatkamaan.

Huomasin, että pistelen mielummin 28ct kankaalle, kuin 32ct kankaalle. Näen kyllä ihan hyvin pistellä tiheämmälle, mutta jostain syystä tuo 28ct tuntuu paremmalta.

Illalla katson Neloselta (vai Subilta, mistä lie) Bodyguard-elokuvan. Saatan ehkä pistellä siinä samalla ja chättäillä poikaystävän kanssa. Toivottavasti en tee taas lisää virheitä!

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I love the pink fabric!

    ~McKenna
    http://chiccrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I got that fabric years ago from Silkweaver and I loved it right away. I just never knew what to stitch on it until I fell in love with "the Blossom Harvest". That fabric is perfect for her :)

    ReplyDelete